Friday, September 10, 2010

If your library were a car...


Cars aren't something I know much about, but for some reason I noticed some odd ones on the way home from work today.

A teeny red smart car tootled past me with a tall man folded up inside.

An amazing car that I'm pretty sure is a Lamborghini screeched off as the light turned green.  I'm betting that car is worth more than my house and a couple of the neighbors' houses put together.

An ancient truck sputtered along, keeping to the right as impatient drivers passed it time and again.

And, of course, there were the usual vehicles.  Lots of gas-guzzling SUVs, pickups, mini-vans with babies on board, and the ever-present mid-size sedans.

A friend and I used to play this silly game in which we'd try to decide which animal we/our peers most resembled.  Variation:  What name other than your own fits you best?  (Goofy, I know.  But try it; it's fun.)

All this led me to a fairly odd train of thought.  If your library were a car, what kind would it be?

Take this (also goofy) quiz for fun:

1.  My library is a '64 GMC pickup.  It smells kind of funny, has gum underneath the seats, and is not very reliable.  If given a choice, no one would be caught dead in it.

2.  My library is a brand-new Ferrari.  It's shiny, gorgeous, and state-of-the art.  I'd prefer that you not touch it because you'll probably get handprints everywhere.

3.  My library is a 2002 Subaru.  It's not too flashy, but it's still pretty dependable.  Sure, it's a little out-of-date, but who has the money to replace it in this economy?

4.  My library is a dented white, four-door Taurus.  To be honest, it's a little embarrassing, so we try to drive another car when possible.

5.  My library is Mustang convertible.  It runs like a top, and it's fun to drive.  You're welcome to come along any time.

Ok, it's your turn.  If your library were a car...

2 comments:

  1. Ours is like the Subaru. But more like a 1995 Subaru that's had a paint job. I'm busy cleaning out the trunk now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours is like a brand new, stripped-down, base-level Toyota Prius at this point. It represents an advance in technology and engineering, but not all the buttons work (yet!). It's too bad we have the model without the GPS too, because it's hard to know exactly where we're going if we find ourselves someplace we haven't already been before. We're in the process of upgrading things after-market and it just takes time. :-)

    ReplyDelete