Saturday, June 4, 2011

An end and a beginning...


Today is bittersweet.  It's my last day as Library Coordinator for Frisco ISD, a job I've held for seven years.  I've been in the district for 11 years, which is forever for me and pretty long in such a fast growth district.

When I was hired as librarian at Staley Middle School in 2001, the district had eight campuses.  When I became coordinator in 2004, we had 21 campuses.  Now there are 49.

And I'm not doing a good job of letting go of our wonderful library program, this great position, and our awesome librarians, who are friends as well. 

But I have an exciting challenge ahead of me.  After 31 years in public education, I'm retiring to accept a wonderful new job.  In August I'll begin as Director of Libraries for Parish Episcopal School in Dallas.  I'll still be a library administrator, which I enjoy, and I will again be a librarian, which I love. 

I'll have a library!  And kids!

So change is in the air for me, and change will be on the horizon for Shelf Consumed as well.  This summer I hope to give it a little facelift.  And I'll keep posting, but maybe from a little different perspective since I'll be a librarian again.  YAY!

When I was seven, I joined Brownies because I wanted a uniform (a life-long goal I've yet to really reach).  We ended each meeting with a little song:  "Make new friends, but keep the old.  One is silver and the other gold." 

This change feels much like that.  Silver and gold!

4 comments:

  1. Doug JohnsonJune 04, 2011

    Good luck, Leigh Ann on your new job. I always think it must be nice to trade old frustrations in for a few new ones. Looking forward to the new blog!

    Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you already! Good luck with the new gig! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will love it Leigh Ann - Frisco will definitely miss you but with blogging and email I don't really feel like you're going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky MaherJune 08, 2011

    So excited to be part of the gold and silver! 

    ReplyDelete